Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming and unique public park located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14th St. Opening in Spring 2021, Little Island invites all New Yorkers and visitors to experience a new public space that is designed to inspire imagination and creativity and provide visitors of all ages with a one-of-a-kind relationship with nature and art.
Please find our open job opportunities below. We’ll be listing new opportunities regularly, so if you don’t see the position that’s right for you today, check back for new postings.
Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming and unique public park located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14thSt. Opening in spring 2021, Little Island invites all New Yorkers and visitors to experience a new public space that is designed to inspire imagination and creativity and provide visitors of all ages with a one-of-a-kind relationship with nature and art.
Stage Technician (Seasonal)
Little Island is home to three unique outdoor spaces for social gathering and live performance. We seek experienced Seasonal Stage Technicians to join the Artistic Programming Department to install, operate, and maintain the audio, lighting, and scenic elements for a variety of multi-disciplinary events and performances. An ideal candidate will be an adaptable team member with a passion for supporting artistic needs and strong problem-solving skills. Candidates with experience in a variety of performance settings are encouraged to apply.
Applications for Stage Technicians will be accepted on a rolling basis, with interviews beginning in February 2021 and continuing throughout the Spring. Selected Stage Technicians may be scheduled to work as early as April 2021 through September 2021.
- Work closely with the Audio and Lighting Supervisor, Production Management and other Artistic Programming personnel to ensure the successful execution of the technical needs for a variety of events.
- Prepare, load-in, maintain, and load-out overhead catenary system, audio and lighting equipment and scenic elements on a seasonal and event basis.
- Provide support for rehearsals and live performances in a variety of positions based on your skills and experience. We are looking for people with experience as A1, Production Electrician, A2, Monitor Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Electrician, Carpenter, and other related roles
- Participate in achieving Little Island artistic goals by providing consistent and high-quality production support to a wide range of events in three very distinct performance venues in the park.
What You Bring
- Relevant technical audio, lighting, carpentry, or rigging experience
- Experience in programming and operating audio (Yamaha CL series) or lighting (EOS family) consoles
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Hardworking, energetic, adaptable, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
- The ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs overhead for a sustained amount of time
- The ability to ascend/descend ladders and safely operate lifts
- Comfortable working independently and with a team outdoors in a public setting
- A passion for hospitality as you interact with the public and collaborate with a wide array of visiting artists
- Availability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to start working April 2021 through the end of September 2021
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater
- Park employees will work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Little Island is opening its park for all New Yorkers in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies, which are reinforced with our current employees often and will be shared throughout the interview process.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Eligible for accrued sick time
- Eligible for holiday and overtime pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to corporate discounts and complimentary tickets for performances at Little Island
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.